About This Station
The station is powered by an Oregon Scientific WMR928NX weather station. The data is collected every 5-30 seconds and the site is updated every 5 minutes. This site and its data is collected using Weather Display Software. The station is comprised of an anemometer, a rain gauge, a thermo-hydro sensor and Barometer located in our back (South Facing) garden.
Additionally this station now has a Boltek StormTracker PCI card with a receiver mounted in the attic of the house.
About The PC
Our Weather Server is running on an Acer Tower Computer with
- AMD Semperon(tm) Processor 3400+
- 512mb RAM (of which 443.708 MB is free)
- 80GB HDD
It is running
About This Website
This site is a template design by CarterLake.org with PHP conversion by Saratoga-Weather.org.
Special thanks go to Kevin Reed at TNET Weather for his work on the original Carterlake templates, and his design for the common website PHP management.
Special thanks to Mike Challis of Long Beach WA for his wind-rose generator, Theme Switcher and CSS styling help with these templates.
Special thanks go to Ken True of Saratoga-Weather.org for the AJAX conditions display, dashboard and integration of the TNET Weather common PHP site design for this site.
Template is originally based on Designs by Haran.
About the Data sources we use
- Our Weather Forecast data comes from World Weather Online
- Our Weather Outlook data (shown on the weather panel on the main page) comes from Weather Underground
- Our UV forecast data comes from Tropospheric Emission Monitoring Internet Service
- Our Space Weather KP data comes from Space Weather Prediction Service
- Our Space Weather Solar Wind data comes from Space Weather Prediction Service
- Our Sun Images are downloaded from Solar Dynamics Observatory
- Our Met Office Warnings are from UK Met Office